Monday, August 18, 2014

Making Grammar Fun

Grammar.  Many teenagers wince when they hear the word.  Visions of prepositions dance through their heads, and they see no reason for its importance in their lives.  These kids need to understand why grammar matters before they can get excited about learning it, and that is my goal--finding relevance for my students every day. When teaching grammar, I especially love using humor to show why bad grammar just doesn't work!  

Below I have attached a YouTube video that I made with my colleagues, and it presents an example of how grammar can become simple, relevant, and even fun. 







Check out my education store for some more relevant ELA ideas for the classroom:  

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Creative-English-Classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment